With many of you hitting the roads this summer, we want to make sure you have safe travels. While we’d hate for your car to break down or be in an accident, some instances are unavoidable. To give you some relief, we recommend packing an emergency kit. Having some of these items below can help you overcome the incident with less stress. Here’s a full list of what you need to include in your emergency kit.
- Jumper cables - just in case your battery needs a jump.
- A spare tire and tire changing kit - you never anticipate a flat tire or tire blowout. These can get you to the nearest auto repair shop.
- A first aid kit - every med kit should include over-the-counter medicine, band-aids, gauze, etc.
- Plenty of water and non-perishable food
- A phone charger - with a dead phone, how are you supposed to get in touch with roadside assistance and your loved ones.
- Flares or reflective cones - will help you be seen by other drivers on the road.
- Flashlight - if your car breaks down at night, you may want to use this to take a peek at what’s going on under the hood.
- Tire gauge - to measure your tire pressure if you suspect that it is flat.
- A pair of gloves
- Backup vehicle fluids
Having most of these items on hand will help you feel more confident in unprecedented situations.
To avoid vehicle breakdowns altogether, we recommend taking your car, SUV, or truck to Avid Autowerx for frequent checkups. Our professional technicians can scan everything from your fluids, brakes, transmission, AC, and more. We’ll keep your car on the road for a long time.
For all your automotive service and repair needs, please do not hesitate to give us a call or visit soon.