We understand how difficult the current times are with the COVID-19 outbreak and the shelter in place orders. Every day, you probably wake up and check the news only to see that the virus is still spreading and hasn't improved much since the previous day. The media is reporting on those who have unfortunately lost their lives to the virus and how hospitals are overcrowded with ill patients. It is all so disheartening, and can take a toll on us just from being overwhelmed with negative news all day.
During this time of staying home to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is important to remember to try to stay positive and healthy. We know that is easier said than done, but there are some things in which you can think about or do in order to stay positive during these tough times.
Here are some of our ideas on how to stay positive during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Rekindle an old hobby and start a new project, such as painting or craft making
- Try to follow your normal daily routine, waking up at the same time and staying active and productive during the day
- Fit something you love to do into your day, such as taking a walk outside or calling a loved one for a chat
- Listen to a great podcast, a new song, or watch an episode of your favorite show (try not to binge!)
- Give yourself a cleaning project to tackle that you've been putting off for months
- Get your car serviced here at Avid Autowerx (chances are, you have a service you haven't been able to take care of!)
- Volunteer at your local food bank to help those in need (if you are healthy and do not at risk medically)
- Make a list of reasons why you are thankful
- Read a good book
- Give your pets a bath
- Listen to some of your favorite songs while giving your home a quick clean
- Play a board game
- Cook a new delicious recipe!
- Spread good news about people who have recovered from COVID-19 or are doing their part to help prevent the spread of the virus
We hope that these ideas will serve as inspiration for you to get things done during this time and stay positive through it all. We wish you the best health and safety!