We understand that finding a leak underneath your vehicle can be a concern, especially when you notice other symptoms in combination with the leak. If you do notice a leak, we recommend taking a closer look to determine the color and consistency of the leak. This will help identify where the leak is coming from and how serious the issue is.
Here are different fluids based on their color and texture:
- Antifreeze - green, pink, or yellow in color with a stick consistency. This is a moderate issue, so get your vehicle into Avid Autowerx as soon as you can.
- Brake Fluid - light brown and oily. This is very serious, so don't drive your vehicle until it is looked at by one of our mechanics.
- Engine Oil - light brown to black in color with a thin syrup-like texture. This is a moderate issue but we recommend getting into our shop at your earliest convenience.
- Power Steering Fluid - red to brown in color with a thin consistency that drips from the front of your car. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed as quickly as possible.
- Transmission Fluid - red to brown color with a thick consistency. This is moderate and typically means that a seal needs a repair.
- Water/Condensation - clear in color and appears to be water. This is common and isn't anything to worry about.
We hope that this guide will help you in trying to identify your car's leak and the severity of it. If you are experiencing a leak and need assistance, bring your car into Avid Autowerx or give us a call today!