Image by Steve Buissinne from Pixabay
Summer is here and the time is right for vacation travel! If you are braving the hot roads, crumbling infrastructure, and exorbitant gas prices this summer to get a break, you deserve to have the best break you can.
Avid would like to see your voyage off on the right foot. That’s why we’ve prepared a checklist of the top ten things we would recommend you take care of, before you leave home on a vacation!
1. Documentation - It just makes good sense to keep your documentation handy. Make sure you have an up-to-date insurance card (don’t fumble with your smartphone), registration, and license in case you are pulled over on the highway or get into an accident.
2. Apps - Get smart about gearing up with the Apps you need on your Smartphone. Set up music on Spotify for the perfect playlist. Pick GasBuddy for the gas set; PlugShare for the EV drivers. Download maps from your favorite directions program (like Waze or GoogleMaps) to ensure you can find the best way to where you need to be, even if there’s a drop in phone service on the road.
3. Checklist - There’s likely many things you need to take care of before you leave your home. Don’t keep the checklist of it all in your head. Write it out, print it out, and get it done. Don’t spend a thousand-mile road trip wondering if you turned the stove off.
4. Battery - Check for a good charge and for any warping or corrosion. Replace it if you see anything that concerns you.
5. Fluid Levels - Make sure you top up all your fluids, from your coolant to your oil to your brake fluid to your transmission fluid.
6. Tires (Tread and Pressure) - be certain all four tires have the proper tread and that they are inflated correctly for your journey.
7. Belts and Hoses - Check to see if your belts and hoses are cracked and in need of replacing.
8. Air Conditioning - Don’t start a long road trip in the hot summer with no confidence in your air conditioner! Get it checked out before you go.
9. Emergency Kit - Make sure you have a kit in case you get into trouble on the road. Emergency water, snacks, tire repair, etc.
10. Wipers and Wash Fluid - Be certain that your wipers are in good working order, and that your windshield wiper fluid reservoir is filled before you go.
Many of these things you as a driver can take care of for yourself. But if you are busy and need us to handle them, Avid Autowerx will make certain you start your road trip in a safe car. If you need a little assistance before a long drive this summer, please bring in your vehicle for servicing. Our shop is located at 5591 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45227; click here to schedule an appointment today!